Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle | Travel

Monday

Capsule Wardrobe: Make it work for you


I have heard the term "capsule wardrobe" (basically meaning a minimalist wardrobe) referred to a lot over the course of my blogger-life.

Promoters of the Capsule Wardrobe that I particularly adore and follow are Anna from The Anna Edit, and Caroline from Un-Fancy.

They outline the ideal wardrobe that revolves mainly around the 37 item mark, rotational for a season/three months. Each peace should be well chosen, good quality and should bring joy (holla Marie Kondo).

However, I'm choosing not to focus on a number. I am finding it stressful enough realising that the wardrobe I thought I loved, is actually full of stuff that doesn't suit me or fit me, without worrying about how many items I have at the end of the day. 

What I am proposing, is make the capsule wardrobe work for you, take the bits you like and don't put any pressure on yourself. If you love and honestly need 100 items in your wardrobe, then have those garments hanging in pride of place.

Meanwhile, whilst you are considering what to keep and bid farewell to, I will lead the way by showing you how I'm making it work for me.

Criteria for building my Capsule Wardrobe:

1) I must LOVE to wear each item (like seriously,  as in I would wear it right there and then).

2) It needs to make me feel good

3) I must have worn it in the last year

4) I can pair it to make an outfit that I LOVE (I have a lot of items that I seemingly love, but go with nothing. This needs to stop). 


If you are stuck or don't know where to begin, Caroline has made a fantastic free resource to help you get started.

Filling this out, I realised that mentally, without even looking in my closet, there were items in there that were 'bothering' me. Either they didn't fit right and I was waiting for that 'someday I'll be skinny' day. Or, I was waiting for an occasion to wear the item that would just never come. 

This is the planning stage, the prep stage. Pick the parts of the capsule wardrobe concept that work for you. Considering what you want your wardrobe to look like and visualising it, will help with the next stage when you begin physically streamlining. Lets get this project started.










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig