Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle | Travel

Saturday

Healthy Snack Idea: Choco-coco bites!



Following on from my 'what I wear to the gym' post, I thought I'd post a healthy snack idea! I have a whole Pinterest board full of food-spiration for eating clean, but this concoction is my new snack obsession! These choco-coco bites are super easy and quick to make! 




Ingredients you will need (makes 8 bites):

100g of pitted dates
25g of yogi berries
2 heaped teaspoons of cocoa powder
3 heaped teaspoons of desiccated coconut




You will need a food processor for this recipe.
I picked up this cute little one in Tescos. Apparently its a 'Delia Cheat', and in Delia we trust.




Next step, chuck all your ingredients in the processor in no particular order (although I like to pop the dates in first so they are right by the blade but I don't think it matters). 




Pop the lid on (crucial step) and blend away merrily!




It should look something like this apr├ęs blending.




Start scooping out small amounts and this is where it gets a bit messy.
You will either find this fun, or gross, but its unavoidable. Start rolling the mixture between your hands to form a well defined little ball bite.




Place each bite on a plate or in a tupperware dish, and then pop them in the fridge for at least 2hrs.




After that I gave mine a dusting of icing sugar snow (but you can also cover them in coconut or chocolate powder), et voila!

A super healthy tasty snack that you can have handy for when those slightly naughtier sugar cravings hit. And so easy and quick to make! Win!










SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I need to to thank you raw food for health this
    good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of
    it. I have you book-marked to look at new things you post…

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig