Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle | Travel

Monday

Beauty Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche

 

Okay, so I know its a little naive of me to think that I will never come across a product that I'm disappointed with. 


I have been so lucky with all the recommendations I've read about, or products I've tried on the off chance that evidently, I've been lulled into a false sense of security when it comes to beauty. 

I had completely forgotten about the harsh reality of a product that lets you down. Sadly I experienced this recently when trying L'Oreal's range of Colour Riche nail polishes. Sadface.

I was hunting for ages in Boots the other day, trying to find a minty shade of nail polish, and came across the Colour Riche nail polishes.

Now lets start with the positives...

1 // I like the size that they come in. They are little pots that are relatively thin and are a good size if you wanted to try some colours out, perfect!

2 // The range of colours to choose from are great! I found exactly the shade of mint I wanted with some corals to try as well.

3 // The price is right! I think it was around £4.99 which is not incredibly cheap but its nowhere near the prices I've been paying for nail polishes recently.

....this all sounds pretty promising doesn’t it...but, and this is a big BUT...

The chipping began from day one! It also got worse and worse as the days went by, in fact I cannot recall a day over the week I wore '602 Perle De Jade' that a chip did not occur. So disappointed. 

The only redeeming factor is that I will use them for colour swatches so that I can find these colours in a different range.

Sometimes I wish they could mix up the perfect colour for you, you know, like when you paint a wall and they mix up a colour for you in B&Q? 

I'm sorry L'Oréal, on the whole you are a great brand! Your Telescopic Waterproof Mascara is one of my favourite products (that has since been discontinued, the horror! Hopefully these colours will be brought back to your range with chip proof promises.

-->
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig